The Help Name Our App! contest is supported by The University of Arizona’s Take Charge America Institute for Consumer Financial Education and Research and its Consumer Jungle program. Consumer Jungle, www.consumerjungle.org, is a website designed to motivate young adults to practice healthy money habits in a fresh and interactive way.
Individuals, aged up to 22 years, are encouraged come up with a name for a new car buying app. The name and form information must be submitted electronically (see the Contest Submission Page). The title should relate to car buying, the car buying process or related content.
All entries must be submitted to the Consumer Jungle website (see the Contest Submission Page) by September 18th, 2015 at 4:00 pm PT to be eligible to enter the contest. A review committee will evaluate each submission and will select five finalists. The public will vote on the five finalists and The Grand Prize winner (winning a $50 Amazon gift card) will be notified via email after the voting ends.
- The contest is open to all individuals aged up to 22 years.
- All information on the entry form must consist solely of the original work of the individual that submits the entry.
- Your entry must be submitted digitally.
- Your entry may not contain profanity.
- If the University of Arizona, Take Charge America Institute, Consumer Jungle, or contest review committee staff deems the content of the entry inappropriate, the entry may be disqualified from the contest.
Contest Entry and Submission
- Visit the contest entry form.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- Entries must be submitted between June 24th, 2015 and September 18th, 2014 4:00 pm PT
- Verify email address on entry form prior to submitting. Consumer Jungle will use this email address to contact you.
- The contest entry will have been officially submitted when a confirmation page appears. Questions concerning submission can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of Winners
- A committee of judges from Consumer Jungle will evaluate entries in a blind review based on the name's relevance to the app content. The committee will select up to five finalists.
- The public will vote on the five finalists and the one with the most votes will be the grand prize winner.
- Winner will be notified via email (using the email provided in contest entry).
- Winner will be featured on the Consumer Jungle website and the new car buying app will officially be called the name of the winning entry.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- One Grand Prize winner will be selected and will:
- Receive A $50 Amazon Gift Card.
- Be featured on the Consumer Jungle “Contest Winners” webpage.
- Have the name submitted in their winning entry be the name of the new car buying app.
- Up to five finalists will be selected and will:
- Receive a Baskin-Robbins gift card
- Be voted on to win the contest.
- The Grand Prize winner and finalists must submit required contest documentation forms before prizes can be officially awarded. These forms will be emailed to the winners in the winner notification email. Forms include:
- A W-9 form requiring a Social Security number.
- A Release Form giving the Take Charge America Institute the permission to use the individuals name on their websites (including Consumer Jungle).
- All forms must be received by October 28th, 2015 or the individual will be disqualified from the contest and an alternate will be chosen.
- The prizes will be distributed 4-6 weeks after the required documents are received (the required documentation will be provided to the finalists).
- The University of Arizona and the Take Charge America Institute distributes the prizes and reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event any prize cannot be awarded as stated. Prizes are non-transferable and may be subject to IRS tax reporting.
- June 24, 2015: Contest begins!
- September 18, 2015, 4:00pm PT: Contest ends, deadline to submit.
- September 23, 2015: Five finalists that are chosen are featured online to be voted on by the public
- September 30, 2015: Contest winner notified by email.
- Grand Prize winner featured on the Consumer Jungle website homepage, Contest Winners webpage, and the soon-to-be-released car buying app will be named from the winning and then voted on entry.
General Terms and Conditions
- The University of Arizona, the Take Charge America Institute (TCAI), and Consumer Jungle reserve the right to cancel the Help Name Our App! contest for any reason at any time during the contest duration.
- The University of Arizona, TCAI, and Consumer Jungle reserve the right to amend these rules and policies at any time and without notice. Any changes will be posted online on this page.
- Winners of any prize are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes.
- Each individual agrees that The University of Arizona, TCAI, Consumer Jungle and their respective affiliates, employees, or funding agency shall not be responsible or liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or resulting from entry in this contest, acceptance or use of a prize or any other matter related to the contest, including, without limitation, claims based on property damage, personal injury and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- By entering the Help Name Our App! contest, each individual agrees to abide by and are bound by all decisions from the Consumer Jungle committee relating to the determination winners.
- Upon submission of the entries, the individual agrees that TCAI owns the rights app name and may use in any way deemed necessary.